The reliability of our energy networks is vital to our customers’ well-being and to the functioning of our economy. Our goal is to meet those expectations and deliver outstanding and affordable service on a consistent basis. Quantitative metrics provide us with an objective basis for evaluating our service delivery over time.
- Connected more than 38,000 new electric and natural gas customer accounts
- Transitioned to IEEE standard 1366 for reporting System Average Interruption Duration Index (SAIDI) to be consistent with peer companies. This index represents the average number of non-major storm outage minutes our customers experience each year.
- Achieved best service reliability in more than a decade: 106 average customer minutes out, excluding major storms
- Reduced average minutes out per customer by 8% on a 3-year rolling average basis
- Completed 3-year Neighborhood Transformer Program and reduced transformer failures by 200
- Spent $170 million to replace about 200 miles of aging, bare steel gas pipelines
- Responded to 97.8% of all emergency calls within 60 minutes, virtually unchanged from our response rate the previous two years
Natural Gas Service
- Minimize service interruptions and inconvenience to customers
- Restore service as safely and quickly as possible
- Provide customers with timely and accurate information about their service status
- Support our field crews with electronic outage management systems