We strive to offer our employees wide-ranging opportunities for sustained career growth and fulfillment – from new hires to seasoned veterans. From informal mentoring to formal classroom instruction, we provide targeted work-related training and development opportunities to our team members.
Training and Development Tools
We use a variety of training and development tools to make sure our employees have the knowledge base and skill sets needed to optimize their performance and prepare for future career opportunities, including:
- In-house, instructor-led training programs
- e-Learning instruction modules
- On-the-job development experiences
- Tuition reimbursement program
Performance Appraisal Process
The annual performance appraisal process has three goals:
- Set expectations, objectives and measurement criteria for the coming year’s performance;
- Provide feedback on the past year’s performance, focusing on accomplishments and how expectations/objectives were met;
- Create a Performance Development Plan to improve or leverage performance.
Career Planning e-Tool
A Career Planning e-Tool serves as a guide for employees and their supervisors during the career planning process. Available on the company’s Intranet website, the e-Tool resource features assessments, discussion guides, templates, interviewing tips, mentoring and job shadowing guidance to help employees chart their career development path.
In 2012, we will introduce a new video resource, “One Dominion, Many Careers,” to highlight different career opportunities around the company. Business unit leaders will receive other new resources to assist their team members with career planning initiatives.